Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
32. County Durham & North Yorkshire cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 70 between Kirkby Stephen and Houghton-Le-Spring via Barnard Castle and Durham. This makes up part of the Walney to Wear & Whitby (W2W) long-distance ride.
• National Route 165 between Barnard Castle and Great Ayton. This makes up part of the Walney to Whitby (W2W) arm of the long-distance ride.
• National Route 7 between Nenthead and Waskerley. This makes up part of the Sea to Sea (C2C) long-distance cycle route.
• National Route 1 along the coast between Middlesbrough and Seaham. This route is part of the North Sea Cycle Route.
• National Route 14 between Darlington and Lanchester via Stockton-on-Tees, Hartlepool and Durham.
• National Route 71 between Tan Hill on the Yorkshire Dales and Northallerton.
• National Route 65 between Sutton-under-Whitestonecliffe and Middlesbrough.
• Regional Route 10 also known as the Yorkshire Dales Cycelway.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
County Durham & North Yorkshire cycle map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers County Durham & North Yorkshire region in the north east of England, including Middlesbrough, Stockton-On-Tees, Hartlepool, Bishop Auckland, Billingham and Durham.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.