Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
7. Central Sussex South Surrey Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 2 along the South Coast between Felpham and Hastings via Brighton and Hove
• Avenue Verte (London to Paris) between Coulsdon to Newhaven using parts of National Route 20, 21 and 2
• National Route 21 between New Addington and Eastbourne via Crawley and Heathfield, which includes the Cuckoo Trail and the Forest Way
• National Route 20 between Coulsdon and Brighton and Hove
• Downs Link Route, National Route 222, from Guilford to Shoreham-by-sea
• National Route 22 between Coulsdon and Guildford
• South Downs Way, Regional Route 89, from Eastbourne to Houghton
• National Route 18 from Royal Tunbridge Wells to Iden Green
• Regional Route 12 from Tonbridge to Hever.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Central Sussex and South Surrey area of the South of England, including Brighton, Crawley, East Grinstead and Royal Tunbridge Wells.
The countryside in Sussex and South Surrey is so calm, it's hard to believe that the lively city of Brighton is never far away. Just north of the city lies the South Downs national park, where you can see breathtaking views of the English Channel and follow mountain biking and walking routes along the South Downs ridge. The area is dotted with charming, quaint villages and quiet woodlands and is home to the London to Paris cycle route - the Avenue Verte - following the Cuckoo Trail and Forest Way, two traffic-free routes in the area.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.