Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
21. East Midlands Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 6 between Market Harborough and Hucknall via Leicester, Loughborough and Derby
• National Route 63 between Oakham and Swadlincote via Leicester. National Route 64 between Market Harborough and Bottesford via Melton Mowbray
• National Route 48 between Leicester and Nether Broughton
• National Route 52 between Coventry and Belton via Nuneaton and Coalville
• National Route 54 between Lichfield and Derby via Burton Upon Trent
• National Route 15 between Grantham and Radcliffe on Trent
Traffic-free routes on this map:
• Rutland Water circular route on National Route 63
• The Cloud Trail from Derby to Osgathorpe on National Route 6
• Erewash Valley Trail from Long Eaton to Langley Mill
• River Trent route south of Nottingham.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the East Midlands area of England, including Leicester, Derby, Nottingham and Grantham.
The East Midlands has an industrial history and plenty of tranquil and picturesque countryside waiting to be explored by bike. From the Vales of Northamptonshire and Rutland, to ancient Rockingham forest and the Wolds of Leicestershire, there's a lot to see. Seek out Rutland Water for an excellent circular route, and Charnwood forest for it's family-focused cycling centre, or explore Leicester, one of England's oldest cities, and Nottingham, famous for its links with the legend of Robin Hood.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.