Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
6. Hampshire & Isle Of Wight Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 2 between Bournemouth and Bognor Regis via Southampton and Portsmouth
• National Route 24 between Salisbury and Eastleigh
• National Route 23 between Basingstoke and Sandown on the Isle of Wight via Southampton, Cowes and Newport
• The Round the Island cycle route on the Isle of Wight, Regional Route 67
• The South Downs Way, Regional Route 89, from Winchester east towards East Sussex
• National Route 246 through Andover towards Romsey.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It is centred on the Hampshire & Isle of Wight area of the South East region of England, including Southampton and the New Forest, the South and Sussex Downs, Salisbury, Winchester and Chichester.
Hampshire is the largest county in the South East of England and boasts two National Parks - the rolling South Downs and the ancient woodlands of the New Forest. The Solent strait is home to Britain's largest sailing and boating community and the harbours and inlets of the Isle of Wight and the mainland have a very nautical feel. Frequent ferries take you to the Isle or Wight where you can ride the Round the Island cycle route, a beautiful way to experience the delights of this charming island.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 2 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.