Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
14. Mid-Wales South Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 8 (Lon Las Cymru cycle route) between Brecon and Llanidloes via Talgarth, Builth Wells and Rhayader
• National Route 825 (Radnor Ring circular cycle route) between Llandrindod Wells, Rhayader, Knighton, and Kington
• National Route 42 between just north of Abergavenny and Hay-on-Wye
• National Route 81 between Aberystwyth and Llanidloes via the Elan Valley cycle Trail
• National Route 82 between Aberystwyth and Llanybydder, Tregaron and the Ystwyth Trail.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the southern area of the Mid Wales region of Wales, Bulith Wells, Brecon, Rhayader and Carmarthen.
Sparseley populated Mid Wales is an ideal location for adventure if you want to get away from the crowds. The coastal areas around Cardigan Bay have great views out to sea, and the counties of Ceredigion and Powys afford some challenging gradients as well as some wonderful traffic-free paths. Aberystwyth is the hub of the area and a university town with links to many traffic-free routes, and the Elan Valley, known as 'the Welsh Lake District' is known for it's striking dams and reservoirs.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads.