Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
11. Severn & Thames Cycle Map
Nu met watervast papier.
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 4 between Bristol and Hungerford which follows the Bristol & Bath railway path and the Kennet & Avon Canal
• National Route 41 between Bristol and Gloucester
• National Route 45 between Figheldean to Frampton-on-Severn via Pewsey, Swindon, Cirencester and Stroud
• National Route 403 between Melksham and Great Bedwyn via Chippenham, Calne, Avebury and Malborough
• National Route 254 (Wiltshire Cycleway) between Westbury and Great Bedwyn via Bradford-on-Avon, Corsham, Malmesbury, Broad Hinton and Malborough
• Bath Two Tunnels Greenway between Bath and Midford on National Route 244
• National Route 24 between Midford and Frome via Radstock including the Colliers Way
• National Route 57 between Witney and Northleach
• National Route 3 between Bristol and Wells
• To continue East on the Kennet & Avon Canal on to Reading, Oxford, Uxbridge and the Chilterns pick up our Thames Valley cycle map.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Severn & Thames area of the South West region of England, including Bristol, Bath, Bath & North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, North Wiltshire and Swindon.
This is a truly inspiring area to explore by bicycle. The Cotswolds, the UK's largest 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty', the heights of the Mendip hills and the rolling fields of the Wiltshire countryside are just some of the places to offer spectacular scenery. The whole of the area is scattered with picturesque villages, welcoming country pubs, and places of historic interest. The Severn & Thames area is also home to the Bristol to Bath railway path, the very first Sustrans cycle route that guides you in perfect tranquillity between the two historic cities.
The pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.