Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
22. Shropshire, Staffordshire Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 5 between Birmingham and Lichfield, and between Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent
• National Route 55 between Stafford and Colaport via Newport and Telford
• National Route 45 between Alveley and Bickley Moss via Bridgnorth, Ironbridge, Shawbury and Whitchurch
• National Route 81 between Birmingham and the England Wales border via Wolverhampton, Telford and Shrewsbury
• National Route 44 between Shrewsbury and Craven's Arms via Bishops Castle
• Regional Route 75 between Newport and Sound via Market Drayton and Audlem
• Regional Route 31 between Oswestry and Welsh End via Gobowen and Ellesmere
• Regional Route 70 - Southern part of Chesire Cycleway between Shocklach and Wybunbury
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Shropshire, Staffordshire & the Black Country area of the Midlands region of England, including Birmingham, Stafford, Shrewsbury and Telford.
Located on the England-Wales border, Shropshire has a long history of mining and industry, embodied by the stunning Ironbridge Gorge, now a World Heritage site. The south of the county has significant hill ranges, river valleys and woods. Staffordshire incorporates wild moorlands and the beautiful forest of Cannock Chase, and the important pottery centre of Stoke-on-Trent as well as the Black Country, the industrial area to the north-west of Birmingham.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.