Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
4. Somerset Levels Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 3 - West Country Way between Bristol & Exmoor
• National Route 26 - The Strawberry Line between Yatton & Cheddar
• National Route 339 - The Stop Line Way from Weston-super-Mare to Ilminster
• National Route 24 - The Colliers Way between Radstock and Frome
• National Route 4 - Bristol & Bath Railway Path
• National Route 410 - the Avon Cycle Way - the Southern half of this route
• National Route 26 from Yeovil to Glastonbury
This is also an excellent map for cycling to Glastonbury Festival from its surrounding area.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Somerset Levels area of the South West region of England, including Bristol, Bath, Glastonbury, Wells, Minehead and Yeovil.
The Somerset Levels is excellent for cycling. Sandwiched between the Mendip and Quantock Hills are flat pleasant cycle routes in the Levels, a coastal plain and wetland area so called for its flatness and home to many fascinating towns like Glastonbury and Wells. The iconic Glastonbury Tor can be seen for miles around and the town has a real spiritual feel; Wells is home to a 12th century cathedral and much other historic architecture. Cheddar Gorge, famous in its own right for its stunning views, caves and cheese making traditions, is the end point for the family friendly Strawberry Line between Yatton and Cheddar.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.