Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
2. South Devon Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• The Dartmoor Way. A 95 mile circular route around Dartmoor on a mix of on-raod and traffic-free signed National Cycle Routes.
• Devon Coast to Coast (National Route 27) between Plymouth and Okehampton including the Granite Way and the Drake's Trail.
• Tour de Manche between Budleigh Salterton and Plymouth via Exeter and Okehampton.
• National Route 2 between Plymouth and Totnes and Dawlish to Axminster.
• National Route 279 between Okehampton and Exeter.
• National Route 327 between Egloskerry and North Brentor.
• National Route 28 from Yealmpton to Totnes via Salcombe.
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the South Devon area of the South West region of England, and part of West Dorset, including Dartmoor, Plymouth, Exmouth, Torquay and Lyme Regis.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
South Devon is a glorious mix of rolling hills dotted with small towns. The land south and east of Dartmoor National Park includes some beautiful seaside resorts and quiet river estuaries, as well as the busy city of Exeter, the county town, and the bohemian market town of Totnes. England's only natural UNESCO world heritage site, the Jurassic Coast, runs east from Exmouth into Dorset and is famous for its fascinating geology and perfect fossils of early marine life.