Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
12. South East Wales Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 4 (Celtic Trail cycle route) between Chepstow and Port Talbot via Newport, Caerphilly, Pontypridd and Tondu
• National Route 8 (Lon Las Cymru cycle route and the Taff Trail) between Cardiff and Talgarth via Pontypridd, Merthyr Tydfil, and Brecon
• National Route 42 between Chepstow and Gospel Pass via Usk and Abergavenny
• National Route 46 between Castell-nedd Neath and Brosmont via Hirwaun, Nerthyr Tydfil, Brynmawr and Abergavenny
• National Route 47 between Briton Ferry and Newport via Pontypridd and Hengoed
• National Route 887 between Port Talbot and Glyncorrwg (Afan Valley)
• National Route 881 between Pontypridd and Maerdy (Rhondda Fach)
• National Route 49 between Newport and Abergavenny via Cwmbran on the Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal
• National Route 423 between Cwmbran and Monmouth via Usk
• Various National Cycle Routes part of the Valley Cycle Network
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the South East of Wales, including Cardiff, Newport, The Valleys, and Brecon.
The South Wales Valleys were at the heart of the Industrial Revolution, and now many of the railways, tram roads and towpaths that carried raw materials have been transformed into beautiful walking and cycling routes. If you want action-packed cycling adventures combined with panoramic views, wildlife rich country parks and fascinating heritage sites, then the South East of Wales is the place to explore.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads.